There are seven top-rated cement manufacturers in Malaysia.
The order is in no way an assessment of their quality or performance.
These are some of the most versatile producers of quality and varied construction cement products around the country.
Both in terms of growth and product range, these companies represent some of the best construction solutions across Malaysia.
1) YTL Cement Berhad
YTL Cement is one of the fastest growing cement company in Malaysia. Their operation also extends to Singapore and China and operate through completely integrated facilities.
The cement manufacturer’s operation is spread out under three primary heads.
- Concrete facilities
- Quarry Division
- Maintenance units
Producing eco-friendly cement based products is one of their biggest specializations.
With the help of latest technologies and superior machines, they can restrict the amount of embedded carbon dioxide to a large extent.
Some of the top products manufactured by them include:
- Castle: General purpose cement
- Dragon: General cement
- WallCem: Masonry cement
- Orang Kuat: High strength cement
- Marinecem: High slag blast furnace cement
Apart from these they also produce various types of Portland cement in bulk as well.
2) Lafarge Malaysia
With three integrated cement plants across Malaysia, they are one of the most notable cement manufacturers. They have 2 grinding stations, 40 ready-mixed plants and 2 aggregates quarries to address the huge demand in Peninsular Malaysia.
Manufacturing and cement sale comprises of their core business. They are also involved in making ready-mixed concrete and other associated building materials.
They are active players in both Singapore and Malaysia and have a strong standing in the cement markets of both countries.
The range of their cement products in Malaysia includes:
- Mascrete LH: This is a Portland fuel ash cement
- Ordinary Portland Cement: This is one of the most common variants of Portland cement
- Phoenix: This is the first Green label cement in Malaysia
- Rumah: This is better than OPC in terms of early strength and workability
- Walcrete: This is a very versatile masonry cement
- Oil Well Cement: This cement is specially created for constructing oil wells.
3) Aalborg Portland Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Aalborg Portland is Malaysia’s only white cement manufacturers. For more than a quarter of a century, they have been steadily addressing all white Portland cement demands in Malaysia. They are also one of the leading exporters of white cement globally.
With investments increasing in this sector and the company adopting state of the art technology, they have been able to adopt many eco-friendly policies with longer-term benefits. They also meet most global standards in this context.
Some of their key products include:
- White Portland Cement: This is sold under two brand names, Aalborg White & Knight Brand. It specializes in providing premium strength and satisfactory whiteness.
- White Portland-Limestone Cement: This is used for general construction purpose in places where the aesthetic appeal needs to be maintained. They are sold under the brand name, Bondcrete & Unicorn.
4) Hume Cement Sdn. Bhd.
Hume Cement belongs to Hong Leong Group. They are a Malaysian conglomerate with a wide network of business globally.
Adopting energy-efficient strategies, optimizing production with the environment-friendly bias is their primary objective. Their strategic technical innovations have kept them steadily ahead of the competition in most areas.
They produce both bulk and bag products.
- Panda Red(MC): A premium quality masonry cement that specially designed for plastering application.
- Panda Green (PCC): A premium quality blended cement that suitable for bricklaying and plastering works.
- Panda Blue(OPC): A conventional Portland cement with unique performance and workability edge that suitable for concrete and mortar application.
- GGBFS: Very popular across United State, Europe & Asia for greater durability
Their bulk products also include a range of OPC and granulated cement.
5) Tasek Corporation Berhad
It was established in 1962 and one of the oldest manufacturers of cement in the country. Its current capacity is around 250,000 tonnes and is known for providing quality infrastructure.
Most of the products that they make are available in bulk. This includes practically variety of cement and construction variants.
- Ordinary Portland Cement
- Masonry Cement
These are available in 50kg bags or in bulk quantity. Adopting technology to cement production is their biggest area of focus.
6) Cahya Mata Sarawak Berhad (CMS)
This over 40-year old cement manufacturer has played a key role in the development of the concrete market across Malaysia. Their businesses are primarily focused in Malaysia’s largest state, Sarawak.
From being a one-product manufacturer to becoming a force to reckon with, they are undeniably one of the best-known cement companies today.
Currently, they have over 35 companies and their businesses range from cement making to manufacturing construction products, trading, property development, financial services, telecom infrastructure to education and other services too.
Their cement products include:
- Portland Cement for Sarawak
- Clinker products
- Pre-cast concrete products
7) Cement Industries (SABAH) Sdn Bnd (CIS)
This is one of the market leaders in manufacturing and distribution of cement in Malaysia. The quality of their distribution and supply of cement products is what sets them apart from other key cement manufacturers in the country.
Their products have all been recognized for quality and earned key quality standards. The Cap Gajah is one of their best-known cement brands. They primarily specialize in Ordinary Portland Cement.
This is available in a wide range of packaging from 50kg bags to bulk as well. Given their steady demand, the company is gradually spreading the ambit of their operations on a global basis.
You Might Also Like: